Friday, October 12, 2007

Merry Christmas to Me!

I wanted to show off my latest sale to Forbidden. Hope you enjoy the excerpt.

Aline


Merry Christmas to Me! by Aline de Chevigny

Blurb:

Jennifer was having the worst Christmas ever. She'd just quit her job, her ex had happily married some blonde Barbie doll and the man of her dreams didn't even know she was alive.

Franko was through with women, or so he thought until the hottest little spitfire he'd ever met walked into him and set him straight. He now had five days until she left the mine for good to convince her that he was the Christmas gift of her dreams.



Excerpt : Unedited.

She’d never felt so angry. How could they disappoint so many people, without even a second thought? They’d used some lame ass excuse, about the flight crew wishing to spend the holidays with their families. Well Duh! Who didn’t? Unfortunately for her and everyone else in her boat, they couldn’t leave site if the plane didn’t show. “Damn, stupid, inconsiderate…”

Her tirade was cut short by what felt like walking into a brick wall. Looking up…and up, she came face to…chest with the new hotty mechanic at camp. She knew it was Franko Chissolm, she recognized the shirt.

Taking the step back, she tilted her head further back to look at him in the face to apologize. Her mouth dried up at the sight of him. He was even more impressive to look at up close. His scar, that everyone was talking about, made him look distinguished and dangerous. She always did like dangerous. “Uhm…I…ahhh… damn…sorry about that.” His eyes narrowed quickly at her in anger, she didn’t understand.

“Listen lady, I may not be much to look at anymore, but you can stop starring at my scars right this second!”

Jennifer took another step back in surprise and frowned. Her bad mood had just gotten worse thanks to his obvious rudeness. “Listen, I already apologized for walking into you, and might I remind you I’m the one who got hurt here! You’re built like a freaking brick wall, where I…let’s just say I’m not. As for you’re scars, honey I have no idea who you’ve been listening to, but you are a serious babe and you’d better get used to tongue tied idiots like me acting like dolts around you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go before I stick my foot any further into my mouth.”

Brushing past him, she fought to control the blushes she felt heating her cheeks. She really needed to learn to control her mouth when annoyed. Although, the look on his face when she called him a babe, was worth some embarrassment.

Reaching the door to her dorm residence, she couldn’t resist one last look back to see if he was still watching her.

Aline

No comments: